Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Database Design Questions

I'm trying to design a database that allows the users to give each individual client/company unlimited addresses and salutations. I can build the design that accommodates this, but I cannot figure out how to handle them knowing which salutation to use with a mailing they might do to the clients.

I have put the Company Name and Position (title) in the address table so that when doing a mailing the company name and title are associated with the company address being mailed too. But again, I'm not sure how they would choose a salutation if they have many choices.

Looking for any of your thoughts or suggestions.

Thank you,I'm not following you 100%, but I'll take a stab at something that might accomodate your needs:

COMPANY
id_company
company_name

COMPANY_ADDRESS
id_company_address
id_company
address_company_name
address1
address2
city
state
zip

COMPANY_SALUTATION
id_company_salutation
id_company
salutation

COMPANY_MAILING
id_company_mailing
id_company
id_company_address
id_company_salutation

When they are about to do a mailing, the COMPANY_MAILING table should be populated as desired for each company involved in the mailing.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment