Wednesday, March 7, 2012

database developed by SQL Server 2005 Express edition can not be deployed in IIS?

I developed a site using Visual Web Developer 2005 and the database used is SQL Server 2005 Express edition.

Everything works fine. However, when I move the site to my IIS server, it says that my database is read-only.

Is it because my SQL Server is an express edition?

No. It's because you haven't configured the server correctly. Post the full error or Google it.

Jeff

|||

Hi Windsnow,

Please check the following:

1. Is the database attached to the SQL Server properly?
2. Please configure the users in the database and map them to the logins on the server.

|||

Kevin Yu

I am having the same issue, somewhat. You asked "Is the database attached to the SQL Server properly?" Could you explain more or point me to a location about attaching to the SQL Server?

Thanks!

James

|||

Hi Jame,

I mean that when we move the database to another server, we have to detach the database file from the service and attach it to another server.

Here are 2 useful articles for your reference.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190209.aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189625.aspx

Also, please try to check if the permission of the users has been set properly. Because the logins will not go with the database file. And you need to map the logins on the new server to the corresponding users in the database.

|||Thanks... That helped out a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment