Thursday, March 8, 2012

Database diagram, connector on fields?

Hi there!
Currently I've managed to etablish relationsships on fields to/from
different tables. But the 'visual' result is a bit off from what I wish.
Currently MSSQL diagram designer hooks up the relations from table to table.
I would very much like to change that to 'field to field' instead, as to
make it easier to visually determine relationsships. Or alternative get
MSSQL to automatically change the shown labels to say 'id = catID'.
What options do I have regarding this?
I doubt, therefore I might be.
a different tool
ErWin or ER-Studio are what I recommend
Greg Jackson
PDX, Oregon
|||"pdxJaxon" <GregoryAJackson@.Hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23aR2GdzVFHA.2700@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl

> ErWin or ER-Studio are what I recommend
Thanks for the recommendation, however it seems that it costs money, and
because I'm not going to use this kind of tool very often (maybe 5-10 times
a year), I really can't justify paying for this. Is there any free tool on
the market, that is easy to use? I only need a few things to visualize.
I doubt, therefore I might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment