Thursday, March 8, 2012

Database Diagram in VS 2005 for SQL Express 2005

I have installed VS 2005 (Beta 2.050215-4400) and SQL Server 2005 CTP (File Version 9.00.1187.07).

I can connect to the SQLEXPRESS database and created tables from the VS 2005. But when I try to click the + to expand the database diagram folder I get the following window:
Microsoft Visual Studio

This server does not have one or more of the database objects required to use database diagramming. Do you wish to create them?

Yes No Help
After I select yes, I get the following error message:

Microsoft Visual Studio

Could not obtain information about windows NT group/user 'xxxx/xxxx', error code 0x5.

OK

The + next to the database diagrams folder disappears. I select the "Add new diagram" menu item from the database diagram folder. I able to add tables to the database diagram. But when I try to save the database diagram, I get the following error message:


Microsoft Visual Studio

(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131904)

OK
Does any one know why?

This is a pretty old build of VS (Feb) and I believe we still had some issues back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment