Thursday, March 8, 2012

Database Diagram

Hi,
I created a database with diagram in ServerA. After that I backup and
restore this database in ServerB. I try to open the database diagram in
ServerB, but it show empty. Is there anyone know why like that?
Thanks,
KennyKenny
If I remember well a diagram is stored in dtproperties system table. Try
transfer the table into the new server.
"Kenny" <keejh@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uvKbXSTdEHA.2520@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I created a database with diagram in ServerA. After that I backup and
> restore this database in ServerB. I try to open the database diagram in
> ServerB, but it show empty. Is there anyone know why like that?
> Thanks,
> Kenny
>|||did you backup and restore the transaction log?
Another way is to detach the database from one server, copy it to the new
one, then attach the database to the new server
aoxpsql
"Kenny" <keejh@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uvKbXSTdEHA.2520@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> I created a database with diagram in ServerA. After that I backup and
> restore this database in ServerB. I try to open the database diagram in
> ServerB, but it show empty. Is there anyone know why like that?
> Thanks,
> Kenny
>|||Hi,
Use the below link to transfer diagrams between servers.
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...b;en-us;Q320125
It is just copying the contents of dtproperties from source server to
destination as pointed by Uri. Since you the restored the same database, the
contents will be already there in destination.
Probably you have to delete the contents before you folow the link mentioned
above.
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Uri Dimant" <urid@.iscar.co.il> wrote in message
news:u8xwqWTdEHA.3260@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Kenny
> If I remember well a diagram is stored in dtproperties system table. Try
> transfer the table into the new server.
> "Kenny" <keejh@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uvKbXSTdEHA.2520@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>|||Detach / Attach the database also having the same problem ...
"aoxpsql" <anonymous@.discussion.com> wrote in message
news:OcZnytTdEHA.1356@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> did you backup and restore the transaction log?
> Another way is to detach the database from one server, copy it to the new
> one, then attach the database to the new server
> aoxpsql
>
> "Kenny" <keejh@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:uvKbXSTdEHA.2520@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>|||Hi,
FYI,
I am using SQL Server 2000 in both ServerA and ServerB. The solution you
guys help me is when SQL 7.0 to SQL 2000 if I am not mistaken.
Again, I backup database from ServerA to ServerB but the disgram is
blank, but when I update the diagram in ServerB and transfer back to
ServerA, I can see it. Why?
Thanks,
Kenny
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!|||Hi Kenne,
Those steps mentioned in the old post will work for SQL 2000 as well. It
uses DTS to exports the dtproperties table from source and load it in
detination.
Please delete the contents of destination before running the DTS.
FYI, I can see the diagrams after restoring the database to a different
server.
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Kenny Kee" <keejh@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:#VSNHNVdEHA.3132@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> FYI,
> I am using SQL Server 2000 in both ServerA and ServerB. The solution you
> guys help me is when SQL 7.0 to SQL 2000 if I am not mistaken.
> Again, I backup database from ServerA to ServerB but the disgram is
> blank, but when I update the diagram in ServerB and transfer back to
> ServerA, I can see it. Why?
> Thanks,
> Kenny
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!|||Hi Hari,
I still not able to view the diagram with your suggestion.
Here is another testing.
remarks:
-> Backup and Restore Process
ServerA -> ServerB
In ServerB, the ServerADiagram is blank. I created another Diagram in
ServerBDiagram
ServerB -> ServerA
I can view ServerADiagram and ServerBDiagram
- If i didnt update the ServerBDiagram and ServerA -> ServerB, I still can
view the ServerBDiagram in ServerB
- If i update the ServerBDiagram in ServerA, and ServerA -> ServerB, now i
cant view the ServerBDiagram in ServerB
So, it looks like some permission block it after update and cause the
problem to view it?
Thanks,
Kenny
"Hari Prasad" <hari_prasad_k@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:uNkB$4VdEHA.2544@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Kenne,
> Those steps mentioned in the old post will work for SQL 2000 as well. It
> uses DTS to exports the dtproperties table from source and load it in
> detination.
> Please delete the contents of destination before running the DTS.
> FYI, I can see the diagrams after restoring the database to a different
> server.
>
> Thanks
> Hari
> MCDBA
>
> "Kenny Kee" <keejh@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:#VSNHNVdEHA.3132@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment