Sunday, March 11, 2012

Database Diagrams in SQL server 2005

Hello, i'm new to this forum but I need help with SQL Server 2005. I know on 2003 you can do database diagrams to create table diagrams to show the relationships. But for 2005 it won't allow me to do database diagrams. When I click on my database in Object or Solution explorer, I right click on database diagrams and it doesn't give me the option to do a database diagram. It just gives me a help option ("Working with SQL server 2000 diagrams"). I don't why it gives this option, because I'm using the 2005 version. Does anyone know how to elect to do database diagrams in SQL Server 2005? I would appreciate the help.

Not quite sure what problem you're running into...

Are you using SQL Server Management Studio or Visual Studio? You should be using SQL Server Management Studio.

What version of the SSMS are you using? Go to the Help -> About menu. Then look for these: 9.0.1399, 9.0.2047, Express, Developer.

You should be able to right click on the Database Diagrams node and choose "New Database Diagram"

Paul A. Mestemaker II
Program Manager
Microsoft SQL Server Manageability
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlrem/

|||

Management Studio can't create or open diagrams on SQL Server 2000 servers. Are you connected to a SQL Server 2000 server, or a SQL Server 2005 server?

Thanks,
Steve

|||Thanks Steve, I'm connecting to SQL Server 2000 server, I wasn't aware you couldn't create diagrams if connected to that server. That answers my question, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment