Sunday, March 11, 2012

Database diagrams problem

Hi, I restored my 2000 database in Microsoft SQL Management Studio 2005 but
a cannot reach the Database Diagram. I get the message:
--
Database diagram support objects cannot be installed because this database
does not have a valid owner. To continue, first use the Files page of the
Database Properties dialog box or the ALTER AUTHORIZATION statement to set
the database owner to a valid login, then add the database diagram support
objects.
--
I used File pages but I don't know how to set a valid owner.
AKAssuming you don't have SP1 installed, then it's likely that your updated
database is still in 80 compatability level. See the Important note in this
Books Online topic (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms186345.aspx).
SP1contains a fix to this problem.
Gail Erickson [MS]
SQL Server Documentation Team
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
Download the latest version of Books Online from
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...oads/books.mspx
"Anatoly Kurilin" <akurilin@.nordsoft.ru> wrote in message
news:%23rhyXFotGHA.4852@.TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Hi, I restored my 2000 database in Microsoft SQL Management Studio 2005
> but a cannot reach the Database Diagram. I get the message:
> --
> Database diagram support objects cannot be installed because this database
> does not have a valid owner. To continue, first use the Files page of the
> Database Properties dialog box or the ALTER AUTHORIZATION statement to set
> the database owner to a valid login, then add the database diagram support
> objects.
> --
> I used File pages but I don't know how to set a valid owner.
> AK
>

No comments:

Post a Comment