Sunday, March 11, 2012

Database Diagrams : Showing Relations Column to Column

Hi to all,

As I am going to deal with a huge number of database tables, I thought that drawing their diagrams will be the most professional way of keeping track of what I am doing. So In Enterprise Manager using the Wizard I made it to be drawn nicely.

But I have a problem now. I see that the relations defined among the tables are represented correctly but the line connecting the two table is drawn randomly. I mean the starting point of the line doesnt start from the column having the primary key and doesnt end near to the column having the foreign key. Viewing my diagram I want to see the lines to start and end showing the 2 related key columns.

Is there a way to accomplish this like setting an option, clicking somewhere or should I try to drag the lines to manually?

Thanks in advance

The quick way is to generate the create table statements of the tables and you will see the constraints and if you have constraints you may also check if you have DRI(declarative referential integrity). You can have constraints without DRI so check. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment