Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Database Engine from One Computer to Another

As an obvious novice, I am hoping the answer to this will be simple. I have two computers with SQL 2005 installed. One computer is used for development and the other will be used for the application. I would love to transfer the database from the development computer to the application compute. By the way, these computers are NOT networked and are miles apart. I did a ClickOnce for deployment but must have missed something because of the SQL 2005 error when trying to run the application on the application computer. Does difference in computer name, connection string factor into this?

Like I said, I'm new to all of this and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I don′t really understand your situation. Transfering the database can be either done by scripts, with deploying a blank database on the remote server or backing up the original database and restoring it to the destination. If you have restored the database on the remote server it can be reached within a common connectionstring like those ones which can be found on http://www.connectionstrings.com

Don't really know if that answers your problem, if not don't hesitate to come back again.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment