Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Database error

I am using vb.net and a ms sql database. I can create datasets for every table in my database except for 1 table. Vb.net says that i have an error in my database. What can i do? is there a site that lists common database errors? Its driving me crazy, it just tells me my database has an error. It doesnt specify it. Any suggestions?

thanksTake the SQL from the connection and run it in Query Analyzer. Does it produce any errors there?|||How about showing us what the code is?

The list is long

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;306908|||I ran it though the query analyzer and it produced no errors. So the error must be in VB.net? All i am doing is using the data adapter wizard to create the connection and adapters. then i use the wizard to generate the dataset.
any suggestions? i have 12 other tables that work fine. but its just this one table that never works.|||I ran it though the query analyzer and it produced no errors. So the error must be in VB.net? All i am doing is using the data adapter wizard to create the connection and adapters. then i use the wizard to generate the dataset.
any suggestions? i have 12 other tables that work fine. but its just this one table that never works.

Create copy of your problem table and try to open it (removing columns by one) - I bet you'll finally find what is wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment