Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Database Errors

I'm trying to script a SQL server 7 database using the
tool in EM. Every time I try I get error 220 Arithmetic
overflow error for data type smallint, value = 65535.
It's quite clearly correct in that it is out of range,
what I don't understand is why and what I can do to
resolve this error. After I found this out I discovered
that all the databases on this server give the same error
when I try to look at their properties using enterprise
manager.
Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this and how I
can prevent it
replies please to elwoosAThotmailDOTcom
thanks
Try to script the objects seperately and see where this error occurs.
Other way to scritping:
http://www.nigelrivett.net/DMOScripting.html
http://www.nigelrivett.net/DMOScriptAllDatabases.html
"elwoos" wrote:

> I'm trying to script a SQL server 7 database using the
> tool in EM. Every time I try I get error 220 Arithmetic
> overflow error for data type smallint, value = 65535.
> It's quite clearly correct in that it is out of range,
> what I don't understand is why and what I can do to
> resolve this error. After I found this out I discovered
> that all the databases on this server give the same error
> when I try to look at their properties using enterprise
> manager.
> Does anyone have any ideas what is causing this and how I
> can prevent it
> replies please to elwoosAThotmailDOTcom
> thanks
>

No comments:

Post a Comment