Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Database Expansion Problem

Hello:
I have an SQL2K db that is 7.5GB in size. The data files
have 0% free space. When I attempt to expand the db to
add more space, the size of the data file increases by
whatever increment I have just put in.
When I check the properties of the database after
expanding it, it still shows 0% free space. If I check
the actual size of the .mdb file, it has also increased.
But if I shrink the database, it shrinks to the original
7.5GB I've done this with another database and the
increase in the amount of what I allocate for the
database shows as free space when I check the db
properties.
Thanks for any help
BrennanTry running
USE YourDatabaseName
sp_spaceused @.updateusage='TRUE' . This will update the usage information
for the database.
Jim
"Brennan" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:027e01c3ce56$89a001e0$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hello:
> I have an SQL2K db that is 7.5GB in size. The data files
> have 0% free space. When I attempt to expand the db to
> add more space, the size of the data file increases by
> whatever increment I have just put in.
> When I check the properties of the database after
> expanding it, it still shows 0% free space. If I check
> the actual size of the .mdb file, it has also increased.
> But if I shrink the database, it shrinks to the original
> 7.5GB I've done this with another database and the
> increase in the amount of what I allocate for the
> database shows as free space when I check the db
> properties.
> Thanks for any help
> Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment