Thursday, March 22, 2012

Database files are "Hidden" after becoming Suspect

We had created some databases on the C Drive. Today the C drive went bad and
all the databases that
were on the C Drive became suspect.
I tried to copy the files onto another drive and I did to the D drive.
However, when I tried to attach the
datafile the data file was not showing up. I checked the properties and the
file's "Read Only" attribute was checked.
I unchecked it. However, the "Hidden" attribute has been greyed out and
looks like this is the reason why
the files are not showing up.
Would someone know how to address this problem ?
Thanks,
rgn
Hi
This is an OS issue, but here goes:
Run
ATTRIB
This returns all the files that are hidden in the current directory.
If some of your files are listed, run
ATTRIB -H <filename.ext>
This will remove the Hidden attribute on the file.
Regards
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"rgn" <gopinathr@.healthasyst.com> wrote in message
news:OUyfFwoEFHA.3244@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> We had created some databases on the C Drive. Today the C drive went bad
and
> all the databases that
> were on the C Drive became suspect.
> I tried to copy the files onto another drive and I did to the D drive.
> However, when I tried to attach the
> datafile the data file was not showing up. I checked the properties and
the
> file's "Read Only" attribute was checked.
> I unchecked it. However, the "Hidden" attribute has been greyed out and
> looks like this is the reason why
> the files are not showing up.
> Would someone know how to address this problem ?
> Thanks,
> rgn
>

No comments:

Post a Comment