Sunday, March 25, 2012

Database for BCM causing errors?

Hi All,

I tried to create a new project in BCM and I get an error indicating that there is already a project with that name. There is no project with that name in my list of projects! However, I think during one of the frequent installs and uninstalls before I was able to install a somewhat stable BCM, i might have created a project with that name prior to one of the many crashes (it still hangs and has to be killed in task manager periodically). I suspect I might have a rogue database that was created during one of the reinstalls which included installing and uninstalling small business accounting, which I have since also uninstalled. I have tried to use studio manager express to look at the tables in the databases, of which there are two, "mssmallbusiness" and "contctmgr 16022007" , in order to find an instance of a record with the name in question, no joy yet. Do I need the "mssmallbusiness" database to run BCM and if not can I delete it? I suspect that the mssmallbusiness database could be interfering somehow with the "contctmgr 16022007".

Since installing BCM, my outlook has slowed down considerably and hangs often on launch, I would abandon BCM, but I think it's a really cool tool and I would like to install small business accounting too! My machine is a centrino duo with 1 GB RAM and plenty HD space.

I know this message is somwhat convoluted, but if you can make sense of my issues, pls help.

Regards,

EdincoT

You should ask this in a forum that support BCM, not SQL Express. I've got no idea what is and isn't required for BCM to operate.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment