Thursday, March 29, 2012

Database Idea

Good morning

In messages system i have table to store messages and another table to contain the links which the message is posted through

Now i want to delete a link but i don't want to delete the message sent through this link

The problem:

When displaying the message sent what will be fount in the link field (i.e for the deleted link)

I tried to move the deleted link data to separate table (EX: deletedLink) but if the user added new link with the same name as the deleted link?The problem mainly in when displaying the message sent i will have the same link twice one for the deleted and the other for the added one.

If any one has a good idea for doing that please reply to me

I don’t want the sql code

I want just the idea

Thanks

kind regards

Mohammed Al Maghraby

Hey,

I posted in your other forum post.

No comments:

Post a Comment