Thursday, March 29, 2012

Database image retrieval causes datasource credential prompt

I have an image stored in a database that I use on a report with other non image data. When I run the report, the non image data is displayed, followed by a prompt for me to enter datasource credentials. None of the images are downloaded until I enter the credentials. If I don't enter the creds, the images aren't downloaded and appear only as the red x, file not found icon. I don't understand why I'm getting the prompt because I've already passed the exact set of credentials that the dialog expects to the web service with my call to the render method. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! I am experiencing this on both staging and production servers, but not on my development machine. I'm using reporting services service pack 1 on staging and production.

Thanks in advance for the help,
Kim

I guess the answer depends on what export format you're obtaining from the report server. If you're asking for HTML output, then the Images are not included in the HTML output. When the browser displays the HTML output, it will follow the links to each image and after a successful authentication, it will retrieve the images.

If you use the report viewer controls in your application rather than the SOAP api directly, it will probably alleviate this problem.

-Lukasz

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment