Thursday, March 29, 2012

Database in Standby / Readonly

I recently restored a database to a 2005 SQL Server and it is now
reporting that it is in standby / readonly mode. I've seen some
suggestion that this could be solved through re-restoring the database
but the database restore isn't an option. I've tried taking it offline
so that I could get access to restore it and haven't had any luck
there as well. Is there something I'm missing here or do I just need
to drop and restore the database all over again?RESTORE DATABASE [database_name] WITH RECOVERY
"johnvmc@.gmail.com" wrote:

> I recently restored a database to a 2005 SQL Server and it is now
> reporting that it is in standby / readonly mode. I've seen some
> suggestion that this could be solved through re-restoring the database
> but the database restore isn't an option. I've tried taking it offline
> so that I could get access to restore it and haven't had any luck
> there as well. Is there something I'm missing here or do I just need
> to drop and restore the database all over again?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment